We are an up-and-coming startup that is passionate about designing and developing innovative, global mobile and e-health solutions for chronic conditions such as arthritis, psoriasis, acne, and wounds. We are located in one of Canada’s top startup accelerators by the water in the heart of downtown Vancouver. We are looking for dynamic new members to join our core team and grow with us as a company. Our first award-winning app, LiveWith Arthritis, is already starting to make a great positive impact in the community. Work with us to empower people living with chronic conditions!
We are looking for
We are looking for talented and energetic individuals to join our team. As a backend cloud engineer you will work closely with our R&D, Android and iOS developers throughout the product development cycle. We currently operate on a LAMP stack with MySQL and PHP cores.
You will be responsible for:
- Developing the foundation of our platform, backend software and cloud architecture
- Optimizing and scaling our system and databases to maintain performance as our suite of products and users grow
- Configuring and maintaining our cloud networking and storage infrastructure
- Working side by side with front-end developers to deliver new releases and updates for existing applications
- Troubleshooting system issues and build monitoring, logging and alert systems
- Documenting the end-to-end release process
- Playing a critical role in defining our future technology stack
You will be responsible for building and maintaining our infrastructure and web applications. Each member of our team plays a critical role in the company and yours will be no different – we expect fresh ideas and a drive to keep innovating.
- Proficient in a LAMP/WAMP stack environment (Linux/Windows, Apache, MySQL, PHP). Proficiency in Python application development a plus
- Experience in Backend MVC web application development
- Experience with Linux server administration and Amazon AWS or other cloud platforms
- Experience in MySQL and relational databases
- Experience with Apache, RESTful APIs and networking protocols like SSL
- Excellent technical writing skills to document code and product specifications
- Work with a cross-functional team
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- You must be self-managed, independent and committed to working in a fast-paced environment.
- 3-5 years of experience.
Company Profile: eTreatMD is an award winning early stage mobile health (mHealth) app development company based in downtown Vancouver. We develop Health Canada approved and FDA-regulated mHealth imaging apps that provide patients and consulting doctors with pain and treatment history, and spatially accurate anatomical measurements from a smartphone camera. Our first app, eTreatMD myHand, provides a solution for customers suffering with hand arthritis and won the Telus Outstanding Product Achievement Award in mHealth recently. Our partners include The Arthritis Society. We are building a new generation of mobile medical devices and are looking for young, energetic individuals to join our talented team.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Acquire a thorough understanding of key customer needs and requirements
- Prospect for and perform outreach activities, including developing and maintaining relationships with healthcare providers, healthcare payers, insurance companies, associations, key bloggers and other influencers. Leverage those relationships and opportunities where appropriate
- Develop optimal pricing and onboarding plans for healthcare providers and identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to sales.
- Play an integral part in generating new sales and unearth new sales opportunities through networking that will turn into long-lasting relationships
- Serve as the link of communication between key customers and internal teams
- Prepare regular reports of progress and forecasts to internal and external stakeholders using key account metrics and KPI
- Manage the entire sales cycle from finding a client to securing a deal
- Prepare necessary marketing materials and present products to prospective clients
- Provide professional after-sales support to enhance the customers’ dedication and remain in frequent contact with clients
- Respond to complaints and resolve issues aiming to customer contentment and the preservation of the company’s reputation
- Negotiate agreements and keep records of sales and data
- Experience working in healthcare or SaaS sales
- Proficient in CRM software, preferably Hubspot
- Enjoy working with a cross-functional team
- Experience working under pressure and working with targets
- A post-secondary degree in marketing, business development or health
- You must be self-managed, independent and committed to working in a fast-paced environment and on your own individual projects
- 2-3 years of related sales or account management work experience